Advantages of a Smartphone Capable Alarm System
Here are a few comparison points when considering which add on module to choose from.
Choosing between the IP Module and the GSM Module for the 2000 and 3000 security system.
The Bosch Solution 3000 IP Alarm systems are the most popular security alarm system kits we sell, for these reason, the advantages of the B426M IP module.
- Significantly easier setup, after connecting the module to both the network with a network cable and the main board with the provided 4-wire connector. Setting up at the keypad only takes a minute (2 steps in programming) whereas the GSM has to have an APN code entered using Bosch Programming Software from a PC.
- No additional fees compared to the GSM which requires a client provided SIM card with a Data plan.
- Plug-and-Play setup requires no programming when internet providers are changed in the future.
- Generally speed of alarm connection to mobile is quicker.
B450-M + B443 (GSM Module)
- Will still be active in the case of a power outage thanks to relying on a mobile network. This is especially useful in certain residences where the internet is unreliable.
- In situations where an internet connection is not available such as in sheds or garages the GSM module provides an effective way to keep the alarm reporting.
We recommend the GSM module if the network on site is too unreliable or non-existent. As the initial setup is a bit more in depth and if being self installed, not as straightforward for a customer to program.
The GSM Module Kits are available in Multiple Keypad style.